Photobucket

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Carnival Birthday Party


Last year for my daughter's birthday, I decided I wanted to do the "Carnival Theme"..  So, after lots of planning it was finally time to put all of the ideas together.  And let me tell you, it was such a fun time!!  At the same time, after it was over I was exhausted.  So much so that, this year I decided I would just take her somewhere super fun and have a small "family" party. 

I will say though that everyone had a blast!  There are lots of pictures so be prepared.

For the tables I purchased table clothes, runners, and chair ties from Table Cloths Factory.  They have a wonderful selection and have most any color you would want.  Their prices can't be beat....  and believe me I looked!  So, I highly recommend them!

I also purchased bubble gum machines from the Dollar Tree.  There is one very close to me so I stopped by there often as I was preparing, since everything in the store is a dollar.  I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found these!!  And bought all that they had since we were having about 20 kids.  I also lucked up on the big clown bow ties and huge sunglasses there too!



I found the hotdog steamer at a vintage store and found the hamburger baskets at Target in the dollar bin section!





My daughter LOVES animals so I thought getting a petting zoo would be a great birthday surprise for her.  She loved it as much as I knew she would.  Honestly, that was the only thing most of the kids there were concerned with....  They all loved the animals and the pony rides.  This petting zoo was awesome.  The came with all the animals, had little fences that they set up and provided the food so the kids could feed the animals!  Looking back I could have easily omitted the games. 













My dad had the best time with the cotton candy machine!  When I was planning, I was thinking of cutting it out and he insisted that I have it....  Actually, his words were, "What is a carnival without a cotton candy machine and popcorn machine?".  He was right :) 


We also had a photo booth that was so much fun!! 



Even though the wind almost blew away the tent......um 3 or 4 times, this was a lot of fun to plan. Plus, seeing the smiles on all the kids faces was priceless!  I hope that it helped make some great memories for my sweet little girl.


I'm Linking up to the great Parties:










The Southern Institute

25 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Way to pull out all the stops! I love the bright colors and the details like the adorable direction sign! Great job!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with this. Wonderful pictures and all the decorations are beautiful.

Unknown said...

O my heavens everything is gorgous! She must have had a blast. I always lover your color schemes.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful party theme! I love it.
Found you on Serendipity & Spice blog and now following. Hope you will come do the same!

Unknown said...

WOW! Looks like everyone had a great time!! I love all the details! Everything looks great!!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

This is such an adorable party! You did a fabulous job and the kids look like they had a blast!

Take care,

Trish

Amber *SaltTree Creative* said...

What a fantastic job! You really gave attention to details... love that it's playful, fun and colourful! ps... found you via southern institute ;)

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

I love love this party!!! I am now thinking of a carnival party for my 3 girls this summer... I wonder how daddy will feel about the pony? :) Thanks for linking up!

Half Baked said...

Great party! All the details are so cute!

Unknown said...

This is just about the coolest party I have seen in so long! My daughter will be turning Sweet 16 this year and she is super obsessed with animals, never thought of having a petting zoo come to the location! Beautiful job!

New follower, would love it if you could stop by and link up to our party tomorrow- Tip Toe Thru Tuesday, @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com Follow along as well if you'd like!

Hugs,
Kim

Recipes We Love said...

WOW great party. We did a carnival theme this last year but since we had just moved it was low key yours looks great

Amber's Snippets of Design said...

Great Party! You went all out!
how fun :)
amber
{snippets of design}

SayNotSweetAnne said...

Holy cow girl you went ALL out! What a lucky little girl you have. Is that just paper on the metal buckets holding the candy? Its so pretty and looks almost see-though! In my family we always just spend the night at a hotel with a pool, order in pizza and invite some friends to the room. I guess that's enough for us- but I always get all dreamy eyed when I see beautiful parties like this one. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my Sweet Sharing Mondays party! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-2/

Crystal said...

What an awesome party. How on earth will you top it for her next birthday! lol
Looks like everyone had a blast!

Crystal said...

What an awesome party. How on earth will you top it for her next birthday! lol
Looks like everyone had a blast!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! How cute. Love it. Like you color choice and blog header too by the way.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Party! It's just gorgeous. I love it!

Rose Jesky said...

What a fun party! I just love your blog! I'm now following. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
Rose
@ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

Shannon said...

This is so very amazing!! I love how cute the gumball machines look on the table--I can't believe they were a dollar!!

I'm a new follower:)
Shannon@SewSweetCottage

Christine said...

I want a party like this... for ME!!!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh what a lucky little lady! It looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing over at The Winthrop Chronicles.

Unknown said...

Such a fun party! Great job.

I'm visiting from the Serendipity and Spice linky party and I hope that you can stop by my blog as well. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

U said...

LOVE it!!!! Every detail!!!! Newest follower!!! ;)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Woah, so much happening. Too cute though. I just love the Dollar Tree...glad you got some fun things. And it's true, popcorn and cotton candy is needed at a carnival. Love the petting zoo idea. too fun.

-Lauren

Unknown said...

Hey Kim, just wanted to let you know I will be featuring your post on my blog tomorrow! Please stop by and grab a button, link up again while you're there too! Oh and we will be hosting a huge giveaway starting tomorrow for mother's day!
Kimberly

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for visiting!