Photobucket

Monday, February 27, 2012

Burlap Monogram Canvas

I had an 11x14 canvas that I wasn't going to use.  I have also not really ever used nail head trim but wanted to!  So, I decided to attempt something for my mantle. 
First, I cut out the burlap, then used my trusty Silhouette machine to cut out the W with vinyl.  I placed that on the burlap, then used white fabric paint and sponge brushed it on. 
I let the paint dry and pulled off the vinyl.  At that point, I used my staple gun and stapled around the back edges, pulling the burlap tight in the corners.  I finally was able to use the nail heads, which not only looks great but also keeps the burlap in place. 
That's it! Quick and easy!!

 



I'm linking up to some of my favorites!

The Girl Creative






Our Delightful Home








Photobucket

The 36th AVENUE
kojodesigns






Design Dazzle
Weekend Bloggy Reading

I Heart Nap Time
The Southern Institute--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tip Junkie handmade projects HookingupwithHoH

24 comments:

Simply Tasheena said...

This is such a great idea! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you!! :) I just linked up!

Emma said...

That is soooo cute! I am going to have to make one now.

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you :)
You should...... Super easy!

Rachel said...

Oooh! I love Burlap! I just might have to try this. I'd love for you to share it at my link party. http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-4.html
Rachel

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thanks!! I obviously do too :) I am linking up now!

Unknown said...

Love it! Burlap is so much fun to decorate with! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!

Kelly said...

Just popped over from Our Delightful Home - really cute project!

Kelly @ herringbone lane

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you for having me! :)

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you!! :)

Unknown said...

Love it - I have a thing for burlap! I'm designing my gallery wall, so this is pinned to my board for that!

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you! I love burlap too, it's so simple which is what I love about it :)

Lauryn Ashli said...

this burlap looks fabulous. i have seen a lot, but nothing i love as much as this! i would love for you to add this to my new link party... spreading the love. please go check it out if you are interested! there's a great scarf giveaway going on there as well!
http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/search/label/spread%20the%20love%20link%20party
{love} lauryn @ love notes by lauryn

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you! That's very sweet. I just linked up :)

Unknown said...

I was just on Tatertots and Jello and immediately recognized this from your site. They featured it as one of the 25 DIY Wall Projects. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

So simple but awesome!!

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Oh yay!!! How exciting!!! Thanks for letting me know :)

Kimberly @ See Sew and Seedlings said...

Thank you! :)

Stefanie's Blissful Happiness said...

I love it! It turned out great... I might even have to try my own!

Stefanie

myblissfulhappiness.blogspot.com

Domesblissity said...

Thanks for linking up at Thriving on Thursdays. The linky party starts in just over 12 hours. Would love to see what you've been up to this week.

Anne @ Domesblissity

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a neat idea! I love the look of it. I'm definitely pinning this. :) megan

Unknown said...

Thank you for linking this up to Whimsy Wednesday at The NY Melrose Family.

Jessie Gunderson said...

Burlap is so much fun and it's so easy. Great job. I can't wait to try this.
Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

Megan said...

Where did you get the nail head trim?

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for visiting!